Mike --I really appreciated how he put things into perspective--yes, I was up against a lot. And, I know you are right when you share connecting with my inner self on the whole situation.
I don't know for sure what is going on with me right now, but am still feeling so sluggish--yes, I still have worked out, but can't seem to come up with more energy to work through the dvd's. I know Eric included the bootcamp clip I did...and let me tell you--yes intense! So, coming home, all I wanted to do was nap...but, being the busy mom at home with kids, I couldn't..and my body dragged on the entire day. I have been waking up extra early to fit in my running again before my spin classes...so again..no energy for anything else at home.
But, probably the biggest culprit of my lack of energy is my emotional energy being drained. I haven't shared this with anyone but few...but my oldest daughter moved out--Jan 2...and not on good terms and, not her choice. I won't share details other than, picture a typical 18yr old struggling with the desire of wanting to have adult freedom, yet can't quite have it being she lives under our roof. Needless to say, things came to a head, tempers were raised, and out she is. But, inside it's tearing me up. Not only do I know she will struggle--I know she will survive--but I just know that she could get from a to b so much easier if she could just swallow her pride, come home, and respect us as her parents and our rules. It certainly doesn't mean I don't love her, although I understand with the exchange of words, it would be difficult for one to feel like it. She won't call me to talk to me, and I don't feel to call her as I don't wish to act like nothing is wrong, "hey honey, how's life treating you, want to stop by for dinner?" I just don't want to be condascending. I know only time will tell what happens..she may or may not forgive me...she may or may not want a relationship with me, she may or may not accept our rules and come home...who knows. But, until then, it's weighing heavy on me. :(
Thursday, January 7, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Steph, that sucks about your daughter! That can totally be dragging you down. Just believe that God has a plan, right? Hopefully things can be resolved quick. Give yourself permission to just do the best you can do, even if it's less than it was previously. The goal is to finish the journey! We only have a few more weeks. Can you believe it!!
ReplyDelete