Kim (mutual friend of Eric's and mine--and potential p90x joiner) came over looked at my pull up bar, and questioned how many I could do. I admitted, "maybe 1 if I'm lucky, but I balance one foot on the bar to get myself to do sets." Kim, God love you Kim...does not exercise per se...she is an all outdoors never stop moving girl...snowboarding, kayaking girl! She gets on there and pumps out 6!! That's right all 6!!! So, understand, I am not a competitive person--you know they exist, I am truly not one of them. I just end up gauging how I am doing, based on other's conditions. In other words, I look at where they are, and make it my goal knowing I am nowhere near where they are. So, no offense to Kim, but knowing she hasn't been doing the p90x series, knowing she doesn't do muscle "training" that I do at the club...made me feel like I should be SOMEWHERE on the map! How embarassing to get this girl cranking those out! heck, I'll use my own 14yr old son! challenges me to an arm wrestling match--no contest, he pulls me down seconds flat. Again..this kid not only eats junk food (w/o my permission of course!) but does NOT exercise! "LORD--PLEASE, GIVE ME SOME STRENGTH...JUST SOME..DOESN'T HAVE TO BE A LOT..JUST SOME!! Please let my efforts of work show something!"
and last thing I'll mention is my chest back workout yesterday. First time working out again after nearly 2weeks out from sickness---guys, don't know what the deal is, but I couldn't even match up to numbers I was doing. Very very poor numbers. I am hoping that part of it was because I was also trying to make sure I was lifting MORE of my own body weight then ever...therefore, more of my energy was spent. But, I don't know. Very frustrated! So Eric, as much as I appreciate the compliment, God love you for that, I think it is undeserved. :( (but i did run Sunday a.m. just a hair under 6miles, and in less than one hour--fast time for me--and ran yesterday before my spin class for a 1/2 hr)
Tuesday, January 5, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Steph, Kimmy told me about that incident, and I told her if she could do that many pullups PRE-P90X, then she might not be welcome around these here parts!! LOL (I'm just kidding though...Kim is awesome and I hope she keeps doing the workouts and pops on the blog sometime.)
ReplyDeleteBut you know what, and Kim will attest to this, upper body is her strength, legs are not. And when she tried Plyo the first time, it was tough on her. Yet, Plyo is fairly easy for me...cause leg stuff is my strength.
Point is... WE ARE ALL DIFFERENT. Some of us like the upper body stuff, some of us like the lower body stuff. Some can rock the abs stuff, some of us hate it.
Steph, try this next time...instead of beating yourself up cause you can't do as many pullups as Kim, or beat your son at arm wrestling...focus on the fact that you can out run half of your neighbors, and YOU are constantly working on a healthy lifestyle in a society that becomes more obese every day.
I may never make as much money as Bill Gates, or even my boss, but I'm making more than others, so I'll be thankful and not kick myself for not making more. :)