Tuesday, December 15, 2009
Energy Level peaks & valleys
Has anybody besides me noticed that some days you feel strong and nimble and others are an effort just to stand up straight? I have a client who is a CrossFit personal trainer who said I should monitor my water & food intake closer. He said it sounded (on the surface) that I was probably dehydrated due to not drinking enough water. I've also been having a hard time getting in all the calories the Nutrition Guide says I should be eating. (??) You have to be a hippo to eat that much... Is anybody else running into this?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Food is a HUGE factor in the success of P90X.
ReplyDeleteThat said, I don't think any of the people still on our little blog here are following the nutrition guide any more than just using the basics guidelines of the plan. (more protein, less fat, less sweets, etc.)
I know one thing that's huge for me is the TIMING of my eating. If I don't have a decent sized snack about an hour before working out...OR...workout about 90'ish minutes after dinner, then I'm in big trouble. I run out of gas quick.
Also, Amy Feigenspan pointed me towards Glutamine powder (buy a tub at Walmart for like $10, lasts a long time) that will keep your energy stores up both before and after workouts. I think the brand is Body Fortress or something like that. Look for it in the aisle with nutrition bars and vitamins.
I know beyond a doubt that if I were following the nutrition plan to the letter I'd be seeing better results, but honestly, I don't have the time or energy to control my diet to that level. PLUS, you know I'm sneaking in some holiday goodies here and there!! :)
I wouldn't mind following the nutrition plan, except I have a hard time with a generalized count...I need something more like, "here's what you eat today!" I don't want to have to think about it..I have to think enough for 9 people!!
ReplyDeleteBut, hey success! Yesterday was nothing but p90x, and I did back/biceps earlier evening, and did abs maybe 2hrs later--and that was also after eating dinner....and I finished the last 50 mason twists!!!
Nice job finishing those Mason twists. Puts the old stomach in knots doesn't it?
ReplyDeletelol...yeah, you should see my dismount! or hear it!!
ReplyDeletefunny, the other day I was doing my plyo's and I too was running out of gas Eric...it was the rockstars that get me! but yeah, know what you mean on the jump/squat/180's....and so I let out this, "MAN! I HATE these!!!" along with some horrible grunts, I mean, let me tell you guys, I was pushing it!...and my 6yr old comes in asking, "mommy?....(silence)..are you ok???"