So, every so often, without intention trust me!...I am feeling twitches in my biceps, and it's almost like they are in a permanent state of contraction. Don't know how else to describe this guys, but it truly is a wierd thing and I don't mean this in a tooting my own horn here or anything, but seriously, it's like I can feel some hard biceps without trying! woo hoo!!
goals to still be met...weight loss, wish I could truly know the difference of my weight gain that is muscle gain vs. fat loss...but I know it will be the measurements in the end that tell. But then again...if my muscles are growing, will I really lose anything?
Have yet to be able to do a single pull-up on my own...it's all w/either one or two legs assisting me.
and last, I have lost to arm wrestling with my 14yr old son who doesn't lift a single weight! that stinker! He is my ultimate goal...I know I will have gained strength if I can beat him at arm wrestling.
Wednesday, December 16, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Way to go, Steph. Those are great!!
ReplyDeleteDo you have access to a body fat measuring device at any of the gyms you teach at? LA Fitness has them, and anybody can use them. That's the only way you'll truly know how the composition of your body has changed, but of course you would have needed a starting measurement too.
I have a Tanita bf scale, but it's not the most accurate. According to that my bf% has gone down one percent, which just pisses me off, cause it needs to go down a LOT!! And it's just weird, cause I know I've lost 8 pounds, and I "feel" like I'm gaining muscle mass, so it seems like there should'a been a bigger discrepancy.
OK...check this out...just busted out the calculator to settle this once and for all. Losing 8 pounds and 1 percent in body fat equates to 4 of those pounds being from fat and 4 from "other" (ie. water weight, muscle, etc??).
So, I guess that's good that half of the weight I've lost is from fat. And I know the fat won't burn off fast anyways (in a weight resistance based program) unless I start pumping some extra cardio into this program as well. Guess I should just be patient!
But good job on the biceps. Guess we should all start buying our tickets to the Stephinator Gun Show!! LOL
awww...thanks for the compliments Eric! Hey all, I was hoping you'd all jump in and share how you are doing on these---like lasting in the push-ups? pull-ups...I mean, heck what about them corn cobs!! o-u-c-h!
ReplyDeleteabs--anyone sticking through it from beginning to end? I just can't do the boat, I truly don't know if it's my bony tailbone issue --I know some of you have shared you do have the same issue as I--but, what I'm wondering is if it's just not a matter of sitting more upright--on the sitz bones--(not that I can)and not leaning so far back where you end up on the tailbone. (ahem--meaning weak abs? or weak quads and hip flexors!) ;) So I have modified my boat, I do bend my knees more, allowing for me to get up more vertical and off my tailbone..I do pad it like Lisa suggested, but bending at the knees a bit helps even more. Love half boat so much more.
anyone able to do crane? I can do it, but maybe for 20seconds at a time--then my wrists just cave. I can't do (umm, can't quite remember the name) but it's the pose where you go from shoulder stand to your feet falling all the way back over your head. And, while we're on some of these yoga moves, how about wheel?? any of you doing that???? psychos! ;) heh heh heh..just kidding...seriously, if you're doing those, my hats off to you! I am practicing the wheel, but can only get up for maybe 5seconds.
wall squats!! woo hoo...can do them, but those single wall squats just have my legs shaking so bad!--and I do start out right down there at the 90degree angle!
Just once it would be fun to have us all do the plyometrics together wouldn't it?