I feel I have gained everything back and then some. I am upset at myself because I know better. I was doing really well keeping up with it all, up until Christmas...I got sick, still am, and usually I work through that as well, but this has hit my sinuses, and painful sore throats at night, keep me from sleeping well. I wake up extra tired, and therefore not motivated to workout. I only get up if I have to teach class...and then come home too tired, sick to do anything else. :(
On top of all this, my eating habits have been out the window, all though each day I say, "forget yesterday, today is a new day!" And yes, new day for neighbor's bringing treats---ready there staring at me at a moment's notice of a hunger pang, gatherings w/nothing but sweet treats everywhere..and because I have skipped meals because of sore throats, busy running around w/the family that I end up eating all the wrong stuff. :( And ALL my family hasn't helped...we've all been so busy that everyone has just been eating quick things...I know that doesn't mean we can't make healthier choices for quick foods (and for the record, I did pack cut up vegetables when we went to the mountains.) But, all I can say is, we've been so bad about eating.
I know I am whining here, but I could use some good thoughts, prayers that it isn't as bad as I am thinking (weight wise), will be over my sickness sooner than later so I can get my butt in action...and right NOW is a new minute!! So, just cuz I "blew it" an hour ago, doesn't mean I have to give in to the evening. I don't dare step on the scale, but I know I have to sooner or later. I just feel like I am starting back at square 1 with measurements and weight. SIGH...
sheesh guys, all I can say is, nothing feels better on a sore throat than ice cream. yes, half fat, but still ice cream!
Tuesday, December 29, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I've been sick as well and eating leftover Christmas goodies like fudge and pecan pie.... mmm.... pie.
ReplyDeleteBUT - I felt a little better today so I kicked out Legs and Back and I feel rejuvenated somewhat. ready to finish week 7 tomorrow with KenpoX and on to my recovery week (week 8). I know by then that I'll be ready for the next phase.
Hang in there Steph. You may have gained a little weight, but that muscle is still there from the past 6-7 weeks of working hard. To heck with the measurements. It's all about feeling good and strong.
Steph...relax!! First and foremost you have to get your body feeling well again, and YES, sometimes that means COMFORT FOODS!!
ReplyDeleteAnd we all know you are smart enough to only do that UNTIL YOU FEEL BETTER AND ARE READY TO GO AGAIN!
Same thing happened to me a couple weeks ago. Virus came, I shut down, ate a bunch of bad stuff...but as soon as it was over, back on the horse and away we go!
Now if only this holiday schedule would settle down a bit. Last night was supposed to be Plyo, but we got invited to Zoolights, so I never got a chance. Tonight it started snowing, so I opted to play with the kids and build a HUGE snowman.
Life gets in the way of P90X pretty regularly. Success comes from adapting and getting back on it as quick as you can. :)
Feel better Steph! Remember, use your Neti Pot!!!
Steph - for what it's worth, I have no doubt that you'll pull through this emotional low point. I've never met you before, but the transparency of your post tells me that you're struggling more with being angry at yourself than with food choices or the scale. Self-contempt is a far more dangerous foe than the sweets or the "enablers" who want to facilitate poor choices. If you can simply dig a bit deeper spiritually and emotionally and Forgive Yourself, then you'll have the closure you need. You won't have to tell yourself that it's a new day because you'll already know that at the core of your soul. This is just the valley of the "shadow" of death... not the valley of death. You will beat this. You faced a hot battle on multiple fronts against viruses, circumstancial land mines, and sabotaging loved ones. When you can forgive yourself for losing that battle, you'll pick yourself up and go on to win the war. Watch. I don't even know you, but I know I'm right.
ReplyDeleteMike..wow, thank you for that! I really appreciate your words. Avery's (unless you post your name, I don't know which one of you to address :) ), and Eric, thank you too guys. Bless you all!!
ReplyDeleteSteph...with the Averys...if the post sounds smart, helpful or encouraging...it's Michelle. Otherwise, it's Adam! LOL I'm just kidding! I think Adam is the only one of them that blogs on here.
ReplyDelete