Saturday, December 19, 2009
Weight vs Measurements
I may have to break down and take measurements. The scale is going in the wrong direction. I was starting to lose... just a few pounds. Now the scale says I'm 1-2 lbs heavier than when I started just over 2 weeks ago. Am I gaining muscle weight faster than I'm losing body fat? There has to be a logical explanation since I'm *feeling stronger but can't see a very noticable difference in the mirror - esp w/ my mid 30s mid section. My mind and heart are still firmly set on finishing this course... in fact, I may have to do a 2nd round to hit my goal. Has anybody else seen a similar issue w/ the scale vs measurements?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Mike, I'm not surprised by what you're seeing at all. For one thing, if you are following the nutrition plan closely (as I think you noted you were doing) then you are taking in a lot of calories. And while these workouts are killers, I'm convinced I'm not burning 750-1000 calories per workout, as has been indicated happens. So, if you are running at a caloric excess, weight gain is expected, especially coupled with any muscle mass gain.
ReplyDeleteWhat I'm wondering is... Is P90X a weight loss program or weight gain? Cause you can't have both. So much of it is cardio based, I'm tempted to say it's weight loss...but then again so many of the routines use weight resistance. ???
I have been thinking about adding in more supplemental cardio to try and knock some pounds off while I do these routines, especially because I'm not following the proposed caloric intake and am trying to stay lower to lose weight.
I replace yoga with cardioX to get more cardio in. Lost eight pounds and feel a lot stronger. WIth Plyo, CrdioX and Kenpo, I feel like I'm getting a nice 50-50 mix of cardio and weight resistance.
ReplyDeleteBack & Biceps today as I pick up where I left off 4 days ago - mid week #7.
I'm still down 8 pounds too, but really feel like keeping Yoga in the mix is important. Two years ago I was running quite a bit, which resulted in such knee issues that I went to see a specialist. She informed me that I was drastically inflexible, and that doing yoga/stretching on a regular basis would definitely help my running ability. I haven't run at all since starting P90X, so I'll be really curious to see if Yoga has helped.
ReplyDeleteAND...I actually sweat as much in Yoga as I do in Cardio and Kenpo! It is definitely a workout for me.
Feeling stronger. Losing weight. Liking the changes I'm seeing. Glad I'm doing this with you all!