Saturday, October 24, 2009

Adam & Michelle Avery Bio

Michelle and I have been married for 13 years. We both promised that we'd never let ourselves "go" and stop caring about our weight and health.

Last January, we were both feeling as if we were letting that promise fade a bit. We used the excuse of having 4 kids and relocating to Burlington, Vermont to justify our surrender to food and leisure, but we woke up one February morning and recommitted ourselves to fitness.

We started the P90X program mid March and saw amazing results, not only in our bodies, but in our minds and energy levels as well. In fact, we were so excited about accomplishing the 90 day program that we celebrated by eating anything we wanted. One day, I ate 7 pieces of cherry and mixed berry pie. (Heavy Sigh)

We realize now that maintaining a fit lifestyle is what we need to be chasing. We've both gained almost all of the flab back from when we started the program last year, and we're ready to jump back in again. But this time, we won't wreck it with our ignorance. We worked too hard and invested too many hours to see it all slip away. Not this time.

6 comments:

  1. For what it's worth...Adam recently declared he could do 120 pushups in 5 minutes and a bunch of us called bullcrap and made him video it and proof it!! HE DID!

    Adam will have to give all of us lots of helpful tips on how to conquer this beast (P90X) both mentally and physically!

    ReplyDelete
  2. military style? chest meets 1 inch off the floor? that's insane! here's a challenge then for you my friend....count 4seconds down, hold 4 seconds, and 4 seconds back up...how many of those can you do? ;) But, seriously GOOD JOB! I am up for tips!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Let's not get into too many specifics, Steph. Trust me, our fantasy football league (that originally called bull crap on the claim) has already put him through the ringer for his technique. LOL

    The point is...it's still a lot of pushups. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hear you Eric...as I said, Job WELL done!! I am not criticizing ONE bit!! :) I think it's hard enough, I would just be even that much more impressed if it was "military" push-ups...Absolute kudos to him, and he has every right to ---as you say---be "giddy" about it! I am giddy for him..how's that?? :) And, am still awaiting those tips!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Standard, not military. The 4 second jobs that you speak of are in phase 3 of the P90X program. they are KILLER! BTW - First day of the classic program is Chest & Back. get ready for a myriad of pull ups and push ups people! Pound that chest!

    As for tips. Put your hands on the floor and PUSH.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Got my chin up bar tonight. Going to do the pre-test in a couple days. I am getting so pumped for this!!

    ReplyDelete