Friday, October 23, 2009

The P90X Fit Test!!

What, you may be asking yourself, is the P90X Fit Test??

It is essentially a baseline test to see how ready we are to begin the P90X program, and I am encouraging any and all of us to take this test sometime this week!

There are a number of different workout items, and the sheet lists what it thinks are the minimum you should be able to accomplish to participate in this program.

But listen very closely to me...IF YOU CAN'T DO THE MINIMUM, SCREW THIS TEST!! That just means you have all the more room for improvement!!

Like Stephanie was encouraging us all to do by creating a journal, this test will give us the "starting point." And when we're done with the program, how awesome will it be to do the test again and see how FAR we've come!

P90X Fit Test

(sorry, I had to link it from my work's server, didn't have anywhere else to post it. Download and save your own copy, as I'll be pulling it from our work server when the program starts.)

6 comments:

  1. Hey All, anyone already have a workout sheet of some sort already made up? It would help save me some time if someone already has it all done. So question: when we are ready to post comments about our daily regimen...do we just post under "new post?" Still learning my way around this...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Steph, the beauty of the blog is we can do whatever we want. Any time you are having struggles or successes, start a new post and fire it up. Or...we could do a weekly "Status Check" post and everyone could put comments on it. Whatever we want to do is fine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had a kick ass workout tonight. 60 mintues on the elitical.. a crazy ab workout using three dif machines... and than a 6 min mile just because I felt good....

    ReplyDelete
  4. uhhh, what is that 6mm? you did ONE mile at a 6 pace??? or x amount of miles and kept it at a 6mm...that's Boston quality babee! Great kickass workout! list the "crazy ab workout" for us...I am so weak in the abs...

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh, fyi---did the fit test. I am in better position than what I thought..yeah me. I was so fearing, "I have been working out for how long, and I can only do this??" But, results were better than that. Feel good. However, pull-ups? ha ha ha...joke. I do have a pull-up stationery system here..one that has a roman chair to it on one side, wide-range only though pull up bar on the other side, and then nice set of handles at the bottom allowing for some good deep push-ups without straining in the wrists too much. So, for pull-ups, I balanced one leg up on the bar...managed to squeeze out 9 that way. (keep in mind all...in the series, Tony opts for beginners to use a chair to balance their feet on...it's very easy to "cheat" this way, so make sure you take the brunt of your weight into the upper body and not the legs.) Also, tip on push-ups...it can be hard in the wrists...I recommend getting HEXAGON shaped dumbbells and using those while doing the push-ups therefore helping to keep your wrists aligned better. (knuckles should be towards the floor allowing for a straight line up through the wrists.)

    ReplyDelete