Monday, October 26, 2009

Diet Plan

It's up to you if you choose to implement any element of the P90X "diet" into your undertaking! Because many of us have "copies" of the program, we don't all have the fancy, glossy book that comes with the package that has all the meals, recipes, and instructions on when to eat what stuff.

I did run across another blog where a guy had taken the time to write out the fundamentals though. Here's that site... P90X Nutrition Guide Basics

And I will note that when Adam & Michelle Avery did this program the first time, they only really followed the diet part (loosely) for the last 30 days. I think Adam would testify you get WAY better results if you at least try to follow the principles. Right, Adam?

6 comments:

  1. On a sports website I was doing "Fregoes Quest to be the biggest loser" where I wrote down everything I ate and all my workouts. I am gonna eat carefully but not deny myself anything I want.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel the same way. Just make sure I'm following the basics, but not pass up a slice of the good stuff on monthly birthday cake day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Follow the principles. I'll be pigging out on Thanksgiving and Christmas though. Bank on it. Seriously, if you just follow the principles of the diet, you'll enjoy your food and life much better. Strict diets just frustrate and wear you down emotionally and mentally.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh you all read my mind...Nutrition I hear is 80% of the job. Seriously, someone could work out 2-4hrs a day, and yet, if they gorge themselves after? They are still not going to get the results they want...not to mention, be very un-healthy on the inside. It is true--you can still overindulge on the good stuff. So, be mindful of that. (although it's highly unlikely that someone can eat too many vegetables!) I am glad you all shared this info with me. My unasked for 2cents...yes, EVERYTHING in moderation. And, honestly, 1-2 items 1-2xa week of "cheating items" is ok...but eat well the rest of the time. This area is definitely a weakness of mine...I had 2 of my daughters incredibly yummy chocolate chip cookies this a.m. as we speak! Sorry, but they were home made--such a downfall of mine...that and bread! ugh...I LOVE bread! Actually, I am doing better with plain bread...it's the baked bread--hot, fresh from the oven--it smells sooooo good! I didn't even workout this a.m. --I have a huge right shoulder blade pain which extends all the way up into my neck, and can exasperate my right arm on occasion, however, this is not going to stop me from anything. I am still going to workout now, just allowed myself to sleep in this a.m. I have been long time suffering this pain, had a cortisol (sp?) shot, seemed to help for a while, but I really think it was the yoga I was doing for so long that helped...now that I got back out of doing that, the pain is back again. Just a testimony there on my belief of the wonderful results you can have with yoga! I even had a woman in my class tell me she had bad low back pain, and that after coming to class for a while, it was improving. For the record, I am only certified through Bally's teaching yoga, no where else. If anyone wants info. on yoga, I highly recommend an instructor who has been nationally certified.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You know guys, I just have to share this. I have been watching the biggest loser since season 3. Not that I agree with all methods there..too many reasons to list, but as an example..I would never encourage someone who has never lifted weights before, to carry another heavyset person on their back! It is an extremely high risk exercise, and they are just looking to throw their back out! But, I do get ideas from the show, I love the tips, I love the motivation I get. But, my point I want to share is that each and every single contestant who had "weight issues"---let's think about this..it was ALL MENTAL!! Seriously---(I'll use me as the example--this morning alone!) Who's hand reached out for that cookie, who's mouth did it get put into?? Mine!! Both mine! I control what goes in my mouth, and it is all by mental choice that I chose to put it in my mouth! I don't want anyone getting the wrong impression here, I dont' need anyone having food disorders ok? But, it is important if you are not making healthy food choices to find the source of your mental issue you may be having. Are you lonely? are you stressed? are you angry? are you bored? are you too busy taking care of those around you to take care of yourself? do you have guilt issues? And, last thing I'll say is---perhaps you can find the source of what drove you to have once made poor eating choices (please remember, I don't know all your situations--perhaps this doesn't apply to you at all) but, even if you did some soul-searching, what you have done in the meantime is made your body adapt to it's lifestyle. This is why it becomes difficult to "quit cold turkey." Perhaps you have discovered that you do eat out of boredom, yet, if you try to mentally make the choice to NOT eat out of boredom, you find yourself struggling. Why? Because you have made habits that your body is now used to doing. Your body may be used to that midnight snack..so when midnight rolls around, and you may be making that conscious choice to NOT snack at midnight, your body will start bugging you about it..perhaps through tummy growls, perhaps through your mind obsessing over it. It is asking you, "where the @#$% is my snack?" But, if you can pick a habit, and focus on only that ONE bad habit for 30 days, and eliminate it, your body WILL ADAPT and no longer be asking you where it is. Then move on to another bad habit. If soda is a weak thing for you, perhaps you drink 1 a day, then try only having 2-3 a week, then maybe 1 a week. Nutrition is not an easy task to undertake, so I hope we can all come here for help in that area too. And, if you are like me, and had already splurged in the a.m.--IT DOES NOT MEAN THAT YOU "BLEW" YOUR DIET, SO WHY NOT EAT WHATEVER YOU WANT THE REST OF THE DAY! Just forget it and move on!! Each and every minute is a new time...so have a healthy, happy day today all!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it, Steph!! Evan's basketball coach tells the team all the time "our minds rule our bodies!"

    That is HUGE. When your body tells you "I can't do anymore" your mind says "oh yes you can!" (to a certain point, of course...we don't want injuries here)

    But the point is...this little adventure is going to make us just as mentally strong as physically strong! So start firing your mind up now for what we are going to tackle next week.

    ReplyDelete