Monday, November 2, 2009

Brenda Eaton's bio.

Hello Everyone:

I'm friends with Lisa Kimery. Lisa and I will be doing this work-out together at 6am. I've always exercised with other people, I'm much more motivated that way. That's why I think this should be the perfect fit for me.

I'm married and have two children. Tyler, who is 16 and Taryn who is 11. I'm a Stay-at-home Mom, so should have plenty of time to complete this challenge.
I've lived in Washington all my life.

I've never had a weight problem until I turned 40. I've gained 20 pounds in two years. I used to be a disciplined exerciser. If I wasn't outside running, I was at the gym taking a class. In the past two years, I've had a very hard time wanting to work-out. I get so discouraged when I put my gym clothes and see how much weight I've gained, that I just don't bother working out.\

One of my biggest challenges right now is my sugar consumption. I tend to eat fairly well all day, but when 9pm hits I crave sugar and usually give in to that craving. I'm looking forward to trying the diet part of this along with the work-outs.

I'm looking forward to getting and staying in shape. I'm counting on all of you to keep me motivated. I tend to get discouraged when I don't see results wight away.

Thanks for including me in this program.
Brenda Eaton

2 comments:

  1. Hi Brenda...I love having a workout partner, but since I don't, this works just as well anyway, because I still feel accountable. In better words, if I commit myself and voice it to someone, I am going to do it! And, I agree, it does help having everyone's support. It's like succeeding at something (even if it's one day at a time), and yet no one see it...it's helpful to have the encouragement and cheering of others.."way to go!"

    I hear you on the sugar, that's a tough battle for lots of people. Just keep sharing what is helping you, and hopefully, others will do the same. I personally am still confused about the p90x diet portion..I went to the site, but I don't like having to work out a system for myself..I want one already made and I just follow it. Looks like on the site Eric provided on here for us to have as a resource makes you have to figure out some things. I do way too much thinking for my family..don't want one more thing! lol.

    Tip on the craving at night...most likely, your body is fatigued from the busy day, sugar is an automatic resource for "quick" energy, yet, it what our body won't use (in this case the sugar which most of it our body won't use) will turn to fat. So, consider that when you reach for something with sugar. At least reach for something with natural sugar---frozen blueberries in a little bit of plain yogurt, an apple, or other type of fruit. Even jell-o is better choice than ice-cream.

    Also, remember your body is accustomed to the habits you have set upon it. If you refrain tonight as an example, your body will crave it, and crave it harder until you give into it. Try doing something else instead---manicure your nails (pretty hard to eat with fumes flying around you, not to mention wet nails!), read a book, (heck, for a little more motivation to not eat sugar--read a fitness magazine.)

    Eventually, your body will change and become accustomed once again to its new lifestyle...and cravings should decrease.

    Hope this helps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just found something that worked...Dreyers has these frozen fruit bars - they're 80 calories and sweet, really hit the spot this afternoon. I know there are also low calorie frozen fudgebars out there that are good too.

    ReplyDelete