Saturday, November 28, 2009

What a break!!

Well, it's obvious by the lack of postings that we've all been enjoying our Thanksgiving holidays. I know I have.

Wednesday - was it just me or was Stretch X the easiest workout by FAR of all of them! I don't think I even broke a sweat! What a change of pace.

Thursday - played a couple hours of football with some buddies. Didn't do any workout. Ate a TON of nummy food, but most of it was meat and veggies, so I felt it was better than other turkey meals I've had in the past. Of course, we won't talk about the plate of lemon bars I devoured!!

Friday - got 4 hours of sleep after midnight madness shopping at Toys R Us on Thursday and getting up early for Black Friday shopping. Also went up to the hills near Scappoose to gather evergreen branches for our church. Got a nice sweat on loading up a truck with branch after branch! Skipped my workout though since I was so tired.

Saturday - got caught back up on sleep, and am heading out for bowling and then a 2nd Thanksgiving dinner with more of Heather's extended family. I'm going to enjoy one last naughty meal...then, it's back to ...

Sunday - Week 5 of P90X!! Will get back on the horse and not feel guilty about the last few days!

Hope you all are ready for phase 2!!

OH, and as a side note...when I played football on Thursday...there was a MASSIVE difference from prior years. I never got tired at all, despite running hard. It was awesome!!

2 comments:

  1. Bring on week #5! I had a 4 day food fest with no workouts (skipping 4 days in my recovery week, but I don't feel too bad knowing that they are the easy workouts). I felt the recovery week came during the perfect time. After eating a ton of food (several thanksgiving meals and leftovers) I am now ready to kick week 5 off on Monday.

    My 4 day Thanksgiving binge included the following:
    3 pieces of macaroon cake
    1 piece of pumpkin pie
    9 peanut butter balls (covered in chocolate)
    Lots of turkey, stuffing, potatoes and veggies
    2 butterscotch cookies
    3 mini candy bars (snickers)
    Only 2 rolls (limited my breads due to my high sweets intake)
    1 glass of red wine

    ... a bunch of calories for sure! But I feel like I was in control because I'd normally eat MUCH more over 4 days during Thanksgiving. Did you know that the average American gains 10-15 lbs. between Thanksgiving and New Years Day?

    Super motivated for week #5. Let's get ready to RUMBLE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, I am right there with you. I admit, I splurged in the food dept., however, sad to say, as much as I did eat, I held back. Scary thought. But, hoping I counterbalanced with some running around on the Black Friday shopping, lots and lots of walking! Everything in the last 4 days has thrown me off--too tired for anything by the time cooking, cleaning, errand running, xmas shopping as done...just so tired!

    But, managed to get a near 6mile run in yesterday. It felt great. I was nervous that after not having been able to run in so long, that I was going to have to start from square 1 again, but did almost 6 miles, and 2 great things, one was I went up a steeeeeep hill, (about 6/10ts of a mile was steep) and second thing was I finished it in an hour. Great timing for me! I normally finish maybe 5 in an hour without the steep climb.

    So, confessing, I said a prayer. I prayed that God would give me the strength to just do the run. Then, as I approached the steep hill (one I wasn't going to tackle this time considering I haven't ran in a while) and decided to go for it, taking one step at a time, and as slow as I needed to take it. This was a great time for me having one on one moment with Him, knowing that through Him, all things are possible. :) I asked for strength, he gave it. Thank you God!

    Funny thing about it all, when doing cardio, you can feel both your heart and the muscles in your body and both get you through it, but perhaps one is going to give before the other...either your muscles fatigue faster then you are out of breath, or vice versa...I'm sure you know what I'm talking about. And, it was definitely my heart that I questioned was going to last or not...my muscles felt great! Thank you Legs and Back day! Thank you plyometrics!

    And yet....I am sure I am halfway to the 10lb average weight gain at holiday time. :(

    Back on the saddle! Yes, phase 2 is on!!!!

    ReplyDelete