
Well, as for me, I've been active my whole life, played pretty much every sport there is. I did very competitive gymnastics when I was young and danced, and became a runner when I got older. I loved running and exercising for enjoyment, I was always in great shape so I just did it for fun! ;) So when I went into the AF as a cop the push ups, situps and running was a piece of cake......but then I got married and was not 'allowed' to go running or work out but that's a whole 'other' blog, lol.
I was married for 10 yrs and am getting a divorce which will hopefully be final this Wednesday. I have three boys, 9, 6 and 5. My 6 yr old has uncontrolled seizures and extremly delayed(doesn't communicate at all or walk much), so they keep me extremly busy!! I have to carry my son around all day and I have a split level house, I don't know why I'm not a size 2, haha, he's 35 lbs, but he's going to keep getting heavier as he gets older!
I am finally starting to do things for me and get back in shape.....from 10 yrs of not doing anything for myself I gained quite a bit of weight and am not able to run like I did in the past, and being 41 doesn't help either. I am starting to run and work out and eat healthy!! :) I plan to begin my new life by running a 5k at the beginning of the new year. I did P90X about 5 months ago for about a month and went down 2 sizes and then 1 more size the next few months walking and running as much as I could. I'm down to what I was over 10 yrs ago but my goal is to be able to run fast and as far as I want, so I have a long way to go. P90X is awesome and I felt great when I did it, I just needed people to hold me accountable! I'm still getting used to doing things for myself instead of putting myself last, so I need reminders once in a while! :) So, I'm SOOOO glad to be a part of this team!! :)
Oh, and about my picture, I'm kinda crazy with my kids and have a very strong coffee addiction, lol, so I was taking my coffee thru the hay maze with the kids and had a hard time trying not to spill my coffee(I even hurt my knee pretty bad trying to save my coffee!) so my son took my picture being crazy, but at least I was the only parent that went thru it and bounced all over in the bounce area with them, so at least I have tons of fun with my kids.....I'm loving life!!!! :)
ohhh Lisa, here I didn't know some of this..I am so sorry...email me.
ReplyDeleteI am so glad we can all be here for you, in all ways that we can!
Your kids are going to benefit in so many ways, so you can't even just say you're doing this for yourself...you are doing this to set a great example for your kids. Don't we all want our kids to be as fit and healthy as they can be? So, we can't just sit there and feed ourselves salads while feeding them hotdogs. :)
Thanks Steph.....just like anyone I have bad and good days, today was a VERY bad one, but I will be better tomorrow, I tend to be pretty optomistic so I don't stay down for long, although this will be a very emotional week for me I'm glad we started this so I can feel better, I always do when I work out because I eat and sleep better too. Thanks!! :) Yes, I am doing this for my kids too because we are always running around and I hate not being able to keep up with them, ugh!
ReplyDeleteLisa,
ReplyDeleteWe have a 4 year old son who is an epileptic. He is also severely delayed. It must be a huge challenge caring for him on your own. And to throw in P90X! A brave soul. Yeah!
Thanks, yes it is difficult, but it's something I need to do for me and them! It's just hard to carry him right now when I'm SO freakin sore, lol! It's nice to know others that are going through the same challenges....they are an amazing blessing though, I couldn't imagine my life without him! :)
ReplyDeleteAmen. Us either.
ReplyDelete