Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Legs & Back

No P90X today. I'll be doing legs and back tomorrow. One legged wall squats coming. My quads are shaking just thinking about them. Anyone else on day 5 tomorrow?

13 comments:

  1. Eric will nail the legs portion of this workout.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am also on day 5, legs, back and abs...crap abs again??? already 2x this week...I darn well better get abs like Tony in the picture...or the girl behind him...either one will do me just fine!

    We'll see how it goes, I am getting more and more tired as the week goes on...today I taught spin class, came home did yoga--for an hour and a half, and then back to an evening spin class that I am subbing for. I am beyond pooped!

    I am supposed to go to an a.m. powerflex class...5:45..but w/Tony's program, don't know that I may go out of my way to try to make it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm rocking day 5 tomorrow too, Avery. Can't wait. Yoga was not nice to me tonight!! I was sweating like a fat hog, trying to contort my body in ways it just wasn't meant to go!! I'm sorry, but in my day the "crane" was performed by Daniel Larouso and taught by Mr. Miagi!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is fantastic. Steph, you're an animal. And Eric, what I wouldn't give to see Chewbacca do yoga.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just spent 2 hours raking and bagging leaves. Good precursor to legs and back tonight. Feel like I've already done 300 lunges and squats. Ugh. Time to man up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ok, today was what I call the "zombie" mode...my mind wasn't there, but the body went through the motions. I stuck it out through the powerflex class (it's an hour, but give 5-10min for warmup/cooldown) and I really made sure I did light weight!! I barely broke sweat, but came home did the legs/back/abs....and sweat like (as Eric put it so visually) a fat hog! I was dripping so bad that when I went to write the reps down, I dripped all over my paper! ahhhh, now that's p90x!! :) In my cooldown stretch, where you are inverted...the sweat was going up my nose...yuk! But, that's how bad I was dripping! Between all this stuff guys...I just don't know how to squeeze in some running in...to keep up with my distance.

    I suppose on day 7 where it's "stretch or rest" do any of you plan on doing something on your own? like run? cycle? swim? elliptical? a day of rest sure would be nice.... plus, I can come back that much more energized!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stephiator...why did i feel out of breath when i read your post?!...Fig

    ReplyDelete
  8. On Day 7 I'm hiking up Multnomah Falls, either once or twice, whatever I can do.....I don't like taking rest days, it throws me off my schedule, and I stretch during the week as much as possible.

    ReplyDelete
  9. lol Fig...I am sure you could run circles around me! You know, they say exercise is supposed to GIVE you more energy...not take it away! Today was quite comical though in my pf class....I had to pick up the weight bar just to put it up behind my neck for squats...this was maybe a 15lb bar?? and I squawked at how I had to lift my arms! Still so sore from Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Killed Ab RipperX tonight! I did all 25 reps on all the moves. I even did the bonus 10 reps on mason twist.

    This was the first time I did Ab Ripper first, then the long workout. I'm always too gassed at the end of the lengthy workout to do well on Ab Ripper. From now on, I'll be doing Ab Ripper first.

    Only took me 39 Ab Ripper workouts to get this figured out. Ugh. COuldn't do the one legged wall squats tonight. Hope to do them next week.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I was feeling that same thing. Why, oh why, do they put the Ab Ripper at the end. I'm WAY too tired after the full workout to get enough out of Ab Ripper X. I'll try doing it first next time.

    BTW...had more difficulty tonight. I think cause my legs were still fatigued from Plyometrics a bit, but I was hurting tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great job guys!! Way to keep going! Avery--way to go on the abs!! I am so looking forward to the day I can finish off the 50 in the end. After doing this routine 2x this week already, I was quite fatigued after everything, but stuck through it. So, I think I made it to 25, stopped for 5, joined back in, but still couldn't quite make it all the way to the end. You should have seen me collapse..I think my daughter was thinking I was dying. "WHAT is all that grunting??"

    ReplyDelete
  13. I believe it. I feel like I got punched in the stomach after that Mason Twist move.

    ReplyDelete