Monday, November 2, 2009

Truth Hurts







I want to be honest and truthful in all this. I watched the Chest and Back exercise today and didn't do it. I don't have a pull up bar or bands or push up handles or any of that. I do have an old Total Gym that I have been using to working out. What I am going to take from this is the intensity and format of the video. I pushed myself very hard today in adding reps and exercises. I am doing as many push-ups as I can. I would like to get a pull up bar but will have to see. So the honesty is here are my measurements and picture.

Stomach (across the belly button - fatest part) 38 inches
Hips - 41 inches
Chest 41 1/2 inches
Arms - 12 1/2 inches
Thighs - 23 inches
Calves - 15 inches

So I am going to follow the program as closely as I see fit but that flamboyant guy bouncing around in that tight shirt just got my judgmental, homophobic attitude of "No Way am I doing what this guy says" all fired up. So let's see if I can make some of those numbers bigger and some smaller.

Anyone else stupid enough to do this? I say we all give our measurements and pictures and throw in $5 and the one with the most change takes the pot.

4 comments:

  1. Wait, which one is my husband, the one on the right or the one on the left? I can't tell. ;) Leave it to Matt to make it a betting game! Proud of you honey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job Matt...and way to modify what you want out of it. You definitely have given me the courage to do the same.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Matt, you've got some brass to throw your before pics and measurements out for the whole world to see, I'll give you that! Not sure everyone in our group is going to rise to your bravado though.

    I for one would be willing to match you and throw $5 in (and I assume Avery would too), but we've seen this before in Male & Female contests, it's just very different results for different body types.

    Not sure what to tell you on this one, and don't want to put any pressure on people who are already putting out a massive effort just to be here in the first place.

    If you, me, Avery, and anyone else want to put together a little "side wager"...I've got $5 and a flabby picture waiting for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Too hard to judge based on body type and what not. I'll arm wrestle you for the $5. Nice pics.

    ReplyDelete