Friday, November 6, 2009

kenpo x-could use some advice from those who have done it.

I allowed myself to sleep in today, so maybe that was the difference, but, I was able to keep up with this one pretty well. I am pretty good about judging my heart rate, (although I do have a moniter)--just wearing one for a while can get you used to what your heart rate feels like at different levels...so if you don't have one, or can't afford one, try borrowing one just for a while. Anyways, when Tony was claiming his heart rate was recovering towards 160...I didn't feel like mine was above 140, I was giving it my all as well, so I don't know what the deal was. I did try to put emphasis into the moves, however I have been known to hyperextend in these moves, so I felt I was doing what I should have been doing.

The one move I have a question for those who have done this--it's the one where he steps fwd like 4x, with about a set of 4 blocks before each step fwd. And then he goes 4 steps back with the same blocks. I know one is an upper block, and last is a lower block, but I can't quite get what he's doing in the middle.

Now don't get me wrong gang....I was sweating! And, maybe I'm wrong on my heartrate ...maybe it's more elevated than I'm thinking, but just judging on my breath...I never got really winded.

Overall, considering the hard workouts all the rest were this week, I was thankful for this workout. Now, I can afford some energy to go run. Hopefully, with all my kids home from school today, I'll manage to find time somewhere!

6 comments:

  1. Kenpo is the easiset workout by far. You can go all out and it still doesn't compare to the rest of the videos. Great recovery day - KenpoX. Looking forwrd to mine tonight! I could use an easy day.

    How crazy is it when only drenching half of your shirt is the "easy" day of the program.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Using my lunch break right now to knock out Kenpo. Glad to hear it's a bit easier. Hopefully I'll enjoy it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just finished. I forgot how insane some of the beginning stretches are in KenpoX. Sweating, but nice easy workout. I felt like a sissy on a few of my kicks though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. All I have to say is I better only ever be attacked by MIDGETS cause my sidekicks were ridiculously LOW!!!

    And I'm sorry...but that FROG pose! Lordie, my hips just are NOT flexible like that.

    I've got a LOOOONG way to go on some of this stuff!

    Overall, I really enjoyed this workout though. Felt great jogging, jump ropping, X'ing on the breaks. Heart was pounding, but I was with it.

    Plus, it was some good, much needed stress release!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, btw...Steph...on the 4 step forward, 4 block sequence...he's doing UP, INNER, OUTER, DOWN. Or the inner, outer may be flipped I can't remember, but essentially you're trying to stab both corners of the room in between an upper and lower block. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yep, that's right about Kempo, I always loved this one, makes me feel better when I can stay up with them and don't feel like I'm dying like some of the other ones, lol! And yes, Steph, Eric is right....if you need more of an example, I can help! :) Glad it helped with your stress relief after your posts last night Eric and that you could fit it in during lunch break! :)

    ReplyDelete