Thursday, November 12, 2009

Spring in my step???

Brenda asked the other day for motivation and reasons why she should continue doing P90X. I know we all struggle with this at times. And it's on my mind a lot too. "Why am I doing this? It's such a time commitment! It's so tough!"

Yet...

A couple days ago we swung by Costco to grab something quick. It was raining and Heather was driving, so I agreed to just run in and get it. And that's exactly what I did. Easily. From out in the parking lot, I happily and easily RAN in and grabbed what was needed. And RAN back out to the car too. No stiff, unused legs/ankles straining to propel my chubby body. I felt strong. Loved it!

And just now, at work, had to go to the front door to get mail from the mail lady, and "bounded" down the steps to the front door. With a little spunky spring in my step.

You know what I mean??!

I think these are the reasons why I don't want to stop. So all the "little things" that might otherwise be bothersome or avoided will now be barely registered activities because they are so much easier.

:)

3 comments:

  1. I love this story Eric...thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, that's great!! I know that I've felt stronger and slept better since I started!! I've had much more energy and get more done around the house and everything else that I do. I stacked/loaded/unloaded wood for my parents yesterday and I did huge heavy boxes and didn't even get worn out or sore....nice!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Completely agree! I raked the entire front and side lawns by myself and did not have to stop! What?! I feel great, my energy is definitely way up!

    ReplyDelete