Bringing it gang...how about you??
This week is a sticky week..why? most people say, "Now I KNOW it's going to be hard.." And, being that we ONLY did one week, it's not like we can kick up the weights or reps at a noticeable change. So the mental games kick in..."I am too tired today, I'll do it later." ETC ETC...
You have to get those thoughts OUT of your head!
Bring on the enthusiasm that you had in week one!! What IS great about week 2 is that we now have our numbers as a goal to meet or beat from week 1.
You can do this!! Remember--JUST DO IT!
Sunday, November 8, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Love it, Steph!! That's just what I needed to read tonight. Almost 7:00pm and I haven't kicked off week #2 yet! Grrrr. I need to clear my mind and focus on fitness. I can worry about the rest later!!
ReplyDeleteOK...finally got some fire burning and went after Chest/Back for the second time. I "HATE" this workout, as it addresses many of my weak areas, but call me crazy, it seemed just that much easier this time. I still do pushups like a 4th grade girl, but at least I could do more!! ;)
ReplyDeleteGo get 'em everyone. Let's rock week #2!!
Yeah, this is one that I definitely feel stronger when I do it more than once. I'm sore but it helped that I was in my friend's hot tub a few times a day all this weekend, lol!
ReplyDeleteWhat helped me was seeing what I did last week...it helped me set a target. I can't say it was any "easier" for me. I mean, come on...diamond push-ups need I say more?? "All the way down chest to hands.." Ok, on my toes, getting back up wasn't going to happen. Knees was where it was at.
ReplyDeletePull-ups..ai yi yi...but I am keeping at it. I seriously picture myself in the end cranking something out without the feet support, that helps keep me going. Until then, I do what I can. :)
Still sore though, comparing to last week, all I can say is, the edge of the pain was reduced..but that's it. I don't have a hot tub Lisa. :( So, I need to go soak in a hot bath.
Personally, I haven't weighed myself, yet. I needed a new battery in my scale at home. But, I do know where I typically am. (and yes I could weigh myself at the gym, but then that's with clothes! :) )
I have struggled with my weight for a long time, so I do hesitate to want to see the numbers. Not that it goes up, but it just never goes down either. I have been told I need to up my calories (with good food of course) and I know I don't get nearly the protein on a weekly basis that was recommended. But, am so nervous about upping the calories. Pretty sad, when I was running about 10miles on my long runs, and 4-5 on the short days, I STILL wasn't losing weight! I know one of my problems as well is not drinking enough water. Ok, I could go on here, but that's why I struggle. Am hoping that this program will still help regardless of the two issues I mentioned because "muscle burns more calories than fat"...and hoping I am gaining more muscle by now!
Off to spin this a.m. and home for plyometrics!