Monday, November 2, 2009

forewarning on the plyometrics..

ok, so I did mine with a short break from spin class...remember, I don't go full throttle while instructing...so I felt I should--ha ha..I said SHOULD be able to handle the plyos sooner than later.

So yes, I looked like I just got out of the shower...but didn't!

I wanted to forewarn those that haven't done this one yet. CAREFUL ON THOSE KNEES!! There are a lot of jumps to do in this one. If you have bad knees already---modify!! You can still do the exercise itself, and eliminate the jumping...example, on a jump squat..perhaps YOU just life one knee to chest one at a time. Or, if you feel to jump, don't jump as high...and land VERY softly! When he does a squat jump, go ahead and squat, maybe don't come down as far as he does, and just come up far enough and extend through the toes (so you're standing on your tippy toes) while the rest of them jump. So what if in the end you are not dripping like I am right now...you are still doing your body good, and protecting yourself.

I am just giving you a fair warning here...because I do know better, and even I have tweaked my knee! So, careful!!

And, for the record...about 30minutes left (huge sigh!!) I felt my legs shaking at that point! Last half of the workout I definitely was doing smaller jumps, and in some cases, had to stop a few seconds shorter than they did.

You have to remember to modify rather than not do anything. If you feel your heart rate is jumping out of your chest, then go ahead, stop doing what they're doing...march in place to keep your heart rate elevated, and join back in when you feel better recovered. Everyone is different, and at different levels, so I can't say how long a recover should take---but if you miss ONE set of his exercises (and he has them mostly at 30second intervals)...so what! Just keep moving forward!

Great calorie burn!!

2 comments:

  1. Maybe we should all post our feedback at NIGHT...so I'm not scared to death to go home and do my workouts after work!!! LOL

    This is getting ugly fast, but I won't back down!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man alive, I am looking forward to next weeks recovery week...CRAP...I just looked...we don't get a recovery week until week 4...ai yi yi..ok, so now I am looking forward to day 4 and day 7...yoga feels like more stretching (although it's work), and 7 is flat out stretching! I think I can I think I can! NOPE, I KNOW I can I KNOW I can.

    ReplyDelete