I did it! TWO WEEKS of P90X has been successfully accomplished! I feel great. Lost about 4-5 pounds so far (depending on what I eat this weekend) :).
But I know some people are struggling with this. Bad DVDs, flu/sick germs knocking people down for a few days, busy schedules, workouts that seem just too hard...
Whatever the reason, please take some time this weekend to focus on what a healthier lifestyle means to you. Smaller clothing, feeling better about your body, a longer life for you and your family, and on and on.
You know...Top Gun was just on TV the other night, and I got to watch it for the first time again through my son Evan's eyes. A moment of great impression on him was when Maverick, struggling with the guilt of Goose's death, pulls out of the final dogfight and leaves Iceman without a wing man. He has to really soul search and call upon something greater than his own strength and find the courage to get back in the fight! If that's you with P90X...don't leave us without a wing man! Re-engage. We want YOU in this fight!! And we want you to want you in this fight!!Congrats to anyone that has kept on schedule through two weeks. That is a major accomplishment!! One more week to go and then we get a "recovery" week. :)
Keep up the fight everyone!
Wow, very inspirational Eric! Thanks for keeping me motivated, encouraged, and at the least...know that I don't suffer alone in my pain and agony!! (although not nearly like last week! woo hoo)
ReplyDeleteResults thus far after week 2..feeling a bit tired still--but guys, come on...7 kids need I say more?? spin classes, still working out at the gym plus dvd's at home...it's no surprise.
Positives: motivated TO keep going on in my day when I could easily lay down and take a nap. (well that is if my 2yr old would let me!) Feeling Eric's spring in my step as well..up and down my stairs in the house all day long, I'll feel myself sometimes taking them 2 at a time. Down 3lbs still (whew..despite last night's high sodium salad dressing!) And, am not going to remeasre anything until the end of 90 days, and perhaps I haven't shrunk in size, I do believe there is slight better definition then 2 weeks ago!
(pull-up is still a word that makes me shudder, but is something that I am trying to change my way of thinking.)
I really hope that those who were anxious to be on board as well, yet have not yet started....Today is NEVER too late!! Every day you don't make a change is another day you haven't taken a step to a healthier you!
Remember--baby steps. Sheesh, if the dvd's intimidate you--please don't let them. As Tony himself says, push PAUSE on it, and rejoin when you're ready. If 60minutes is overwhelming (which by the way includes warm up and a cooldown) then just tell yourself you'll go 30 minutes! If Tony is going a minute, go 30 seconds! Stop telling yourself you are "too out of shape" to get INTO shape!
JUST DO IT!! At least go through the motions..the mind will catch up eventually..trust me!
Sorry, Eric. Tom Cruise just doesn't do it for me. I did my workout tonight, but hated every second of it. Tomorrow will be better. Starting to approach a little town I like to call Resultsville! I'll be posting about this little paradise in 2 or 3 days as we wrap up week 2 and begin week 3!
ReplyDeleteYeah, Tom Cruise doesn't do it for me either, but maybe Gerard Butler....well, if you want us to look for motivation, lol!! I feel good, much better than last week!! Yea! :)
ReplyDeleteThat's great about your weight loss. That gives me hope. I was sick last week, so didn't work-out at all. Looking forward to getting back into the swing of things this week. I'm going over to Lisa's in just a little bit to work-out with Tony.
ReplyDeleteAre you changing your eating habits? I've got to buckle down and get my diet under control. Part of me wants to wait until the holidays are over, but I realize that's just putting it off.
Brenda...in all honesty, I haven't changed my eating habits "that much." I will say I'm trying to cut down on the sweets though, especially ANYTHING after about 7:00-8:00pm. I'm trying to take in more protein too.
ReplyDeleteDefinitely don't wait 'til after the holidays!! There's no reason to. We're ALL going to enjoy the holidays. Heck, Adam may eat a whole pumpkin pie!! But that's maybe 3-4 days over the next two months. No reason to eat like a pig the other days. :) Matter of fact, the better you do the other days, the more free you can feel on Thanksgiving and Christmas to enjoy some guilt-free rewards. :)
You can do it. Glad you are feeling better. Get back into the swing of things and you'll be loving it. Do your best!!
Berry pie is my weakness, but I'll have at LEAST two pieces of pumpkin pie and a few more helpings of my moms carmel pudding. I'm working extra hard these weeks to make up the difference!
ReplyDelete