Sunday, November 8, 2009

Need motivation

It's only been one week and I'm already ready to give up. I totally blew my diet this week-end and didn't work out on Saturday or Sunday. Any words of encouragement?

4 comments:

  1. Yes...."DON'T!" :)

    Consider if you are tackling too much? Diet and exercise? Each by themselves is pretty dang hard under this program. I know, for me, I am really WAY more focused on the exercise, and am only trying to "clean up" my eating a bit.

    I know, personally, I came into this weekend thinking "man, I'm going to get a head start on this week #2 and do a workout on both Sat/Sunday" and well...here it is Sunday night and I haven't done Chest/Back yet. GRRRRRR.

    Do your best, Brenda!! Don't give up. Remember why you are doing this. Is it for you? For your kids? For a better life? For more energy?

    Focus on what you can do today...and get doing it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. and, all of us need to read our own advice! :) I challenge you Brenda to answer these questions to yourself...what is it going to benefit you to stop now? what is it going to benefit you to keep going? It does no good to dwell on what is done "blowing the diet." So JUST because you had a weekend of non-mindful eating...is that going to dictate the rest of your lifestyle from here on out? Remember, what's done is done, now forget it and move on! So, you didn't work out this weekend? So---that makes you want to give up?? You would rather exchange a health---ier way of life with a few moments of "life" getting in the way, for a life that has NO workouts and careless eating habits?

    Do the pros and cons...it's hands down why you should keep going!

    Rome wasn't built in a day as Tony would say, and neither was your body---and he's right...even from the moment of conception, we were not formed in one day!

    Pick a target---aim for it...you might miss on occasion, you may get off track FOR A MOMENT...but you have to remember what your goal is, and get yourself on the track towards that goal!

    A person who chooses to run a marathon can not be a couch potato one day, and run the marathon the next. Your body is not able to handle that kind of unpracticed stress. It takes time to build up to that.

    Your body needs time to:
    change
    adapt
    grow
    repair
    rest
    endure

    And, it is nearly impossible to see these changes in addition to feel these changes as they CAN be so subtle.

    We are all different people with different needs. You can not compare yourself to anyone else. Only you know what your body can handle, but I can tell you that lots of people tend to have an emotional battle with their minds. You can easily talk yourself out of it, but you can also talk yourself INTO it...the choice only you can make.

    We can only be here to encourage you, like I hope I've done, and to inspire you, remind you that yes you can!!

    Tomorrow is a whole new day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Every time you do this workout you burn between 500 - 1500 calories. So you blew it this weekend. So what. We'll ALL do that more than once over this 90 day period. We'll likely even try to sabatoge our efforts by intentionally pigging out so we can throw in the towel (I did that once last time through the program). BUT DON'T QUIT! It gets easier.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I for one Avery will NOT miss a workout!! Nope. not gonna happen!! I will do it with a sinus headache if I have to, fever of a hundred, and God forbid...if I'm headed to the hospital, they better have a dvd system there!

    Boy, I hope I am one of the lucky ones to be in the 1500 range! :)

    ReplyDelete