I am terrible at pushups! I got worse...
well not really! I really focused on the quality instead of the quantity. When i couldnt do anymore i dropped to my knees and tried to sneak a few more in. I did my first two real dive bomb pushups... the rest of the attempts I am not even sure what I call them. I went to dinner after the workout and when I got back to my hotel room i tried to do ten more pushups and couldnt even get one in.
FYI the push up bars were huge..... really saved the strain on my wrists
Tuesday, November 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Plyo tonight. Took a rest day yesterday. Ready for some jump training.
ReplyDeleteI totally suck at pushups too. But I can just imagine months from now how much better I'm going to be.
ReplyDeleteI need to check out those push up bars! I used my dumb bells a couple times, but I was always freaked out they were going to roll on me.
Eric, try cushioning the round dumbbells with a towel, that should help...but the hexagon work better...they could still roll on you if you're not careful, but I use my hex. anyway.
ReplyDeleteGreat job guys on the pushups...deep ones? I would be lucky to squeeze out 2...that's chest all the way to barely the ground...so, I only come down to where my elbows are bent. I shoot for 10, then come to my knees for 5-10, then go for the toes again. If I need to, I break for a child's pose stretch, and go right back at'em again.
Remember guys inhale coming down...take that huge breath, and exhale huge coming up--and engage all the muscles--keeping core tight! You men will be cranking these out in no time!
I totally recommend the push up bars, they help tremendously and were pretty cheap. The nice thing is that you can go even deeper and that'll help when we are closer to day 90 and kicking butt on the push ups!! :)
ReplyDelete