ok...from Adam and Stephanie's comments on their first days things were beginning to seem like they might just be "doable."
I just want others to know...I could barely do maybe 30-40% of this first day's workout. I constantly had to cheat on the exercises, and my chest is completely unusable right now. Dive-bombers...HA, right!!
But guess what? I don't care!! Tomorrow I'll do 31%, and the next day maybe 32%...
Today "felt" like a failure, but it wasn't...it was a success, cause it began a journey!!!
And the best part was...at one point my whole family was on the floor trying the moves with me!! (btw, Evan is way better at dive bombers than me!) LOL
If you began the program today, and you did any of it, you won! Let's win again tomorrow!!
Sunday, November 1, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
WAY TO GO ERIC!! Love your attitude--"tomorrow 31, next 32..." It's the right spirit! Give yourself a break--these are tough!!
ReplyDeleteJust remember...you are not alone!! I (we) are all right there with you!
Yep, my kids like doing P90X with me too and Aidan will say things like 'This isn't so hard!' I won't post what I say back to him, lol! But yes, I agree with Steph, just keep doing better every day, that's what really matters! I'm bummed because what I did today was worse than the first time I did it last time, now THAT'S depressing, esp because I've even lost weight since then. But keep your head up, it'll get easier....like he always says 'just show up' and it'll get better! "Do your best and forget the rest!!" :)
ReplyDeleteHey, remember this, there WILL be setback days...for various reasons...sickness, "times-of-the-month", lack of sleep, eating poor nutrition one day could also make you feel the effects the next!
ReplyDeleteThis is why journaling what you do can be a value to you. You can look back and see if you notice patterns. "hmmm, every day I had a sluggish workout, the night before I noticed I only slept 6hrs vs. 8-9"...things like that.